Pages

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Mad about Minis: Mad Gourmet’s Single-serve Low-fat Molten Fudge Brownie


OK – Enough fooling around. Let’s get back to chocolate…

Molten BrownieI have not made brownies in a while and am craving for one. However, I recently found out that my Hubby is not into brownies (although he is the first one who would try the batch). Since I am into single-serve recipes lately… I thought I would look for a mini version.

I think I found the Healthy(ish) Vegan Molten Fudge Brownie in Pinterest. This appeals to me because it is “healthy…ish”, “vegan-ish” (I used butter the first time I made this), and molten. I’ve been trying to make a molten brownie for a while now and this would be a good opportunity.

The first time I made this, I followed the recipe exactly. My option was not vegan (the butter, remember). I really like this recipe and have been one of my emergency desserts. However, in my third (or was it fourth – lost count) time, I decided to try out my healthy brownie recipe option and use mashed bananas and add walnuts.

The result is below… let me know what you think.


Low-fat Molten Fudge Brownie

 
Ingredients

  • 1.5 tsp mashed banana
  • 2.5 tsp of agave, honey, or maple syrup (use liquid sweetner, otherwise it would be too dry)
  • Pinch of baking powder
  • Pinch of salt
  • 2 tsp almond flour (if you don’t have almond flour, just use all-purpose flour)
  • 1.5 tsp of whole wheat flour
  • 0.5 tsp coconut flour (if you don’t have coconut flour, just use whole wheat)
  • 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp walnuts
  • 1 tsp chocolate chips

Directions

  1. Mix in all the dry ingredients (except for the walnuts and chocolate chips) and combine well.
  2. Mix in the banana and agave.
  3. Smooth the dough in the dish and scatter over the chocolate chips, and walnuts pressing them in slightly.
  4. Bake for 10-15 minutes (15 in my toaster oven) until it has risen slightly, and is still pretty soft in the center. Eat while still warm.


Verdict

Single-serve Brownie Cookie
Trying out a cookie... not quite there yet.
I love this recipe. I’ve already made this several times and it inspires me to get tiny shaped oven-proof dishes (just like Top With Cinnamon’s).  It is great for minimal cleaning: mixed everything in the ramekin, and only used my 1/2 tsp measuring spoon (occasionally my 1 TBSP).

I even tried it as a cookie, but it is not as successful… yet!

As suggested, for a gluten-free version, replace the coconut oil with 2 teaspoons of almond butter (or another nut butter or bananas!!!!) and completely replace the flour with 1 Tablespoon of ground almonds (or almond flour – is that gluten-free?).


No comments:

Post a Comment