Pages

Friday, August 9, 2013

Mad about minis: Mad Gourmet’s Peanut Butter Cakes For Two


Peanut Butter Cakes - off the oven
They're ready!!!!
I have been craving for dessert, but not chocolate. I baked some chocolate biscotti last weekend and that is what we’ve been having for dessert and snacks. Exploring Pinterest again, I saw this recipe for a single-serve Peanut Butter cake. I think this is just the break that I was hoping for.

I still have some almond flour and have drinking almond milk more, so I thought this would be a good blend with the peanut butter (nuts + nuts + nuts = nutty?). Also, I am not sure of the consistency of cakes made in microwaves, so I decided to use my toaster oven instead of the microwave.

However, my ramekins were too small to fit the entire batter, so I decided to split them into two to share with my roomie, er… hubby. Sharing also makes you less guilty you’re having dessert.

Hope you enjoy!


Mad Gourmet’s Peanut Butter Cakes for Two 
Serves two… or one and a half ;)

Ingredients

  • 1 Tbsp peanut butter
  • 2 Tbsp almond milk
  • 1 egg (or 1/4 c egg whites)
  • 1 Tbsp almond flour
  • 1 Tbsp Whole Wheat Flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • Pinch salt
  • 1/2 tsp agave nectar
  • About 1 Tbsp of chocolate chips


Directions

  1. Preheat your oven to 330 degrees.
  2. In a small microwaveable bowl (or mug), add the peanut butter and almond milk.
  3. Microwave for 45 seconds to a minutes, stir, and let sit for a few minutes.
  4. Add in the rest of the ingredients and stir until everything is evenly mixed.
  5. Grease two ramekins and distribute the batter evenly into the greased ramekins. Smooth out the top.
  6. Bake for about 20 minutes or so until a toothpick comes clean.


Verdict

Peanut Butter layered cake
Maybe it is just for one. Go ahead - add more peanut butter.
This is a great dessert if you are craving for dessert with just a hint of chocolate. The chocolate chips tend to stick to the bottom of the ramekin, but it is good whether it successfully pops out of the ramekin or not.

For peanut butter lovers, like my hubby, it’s not peanut buttery enough. Perhaps using the coconut flour (which I do not have in my pantry) will make it nuttier. I need to experiment on the proportions to see if I can make that peanut butter pop.

In retrospect, I probably should have used the microwave all the way through (to limit the devices I am using)… maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment